Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to solve my huge NIC1934 Installation problem?

Last response: in Components
October 27, 2008 11:07:37 AM

Yesterday i updated my drivers,including my "Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller" (Using driver genius) However... I cant get the NIC1394 driver reinstalled.(Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller)
I have tried "driver genius" to do this, but as soon as it finishes the installation and asks for a reboot the "add hardware wizard" already pops up..And when ignored and just do the reboot its not installed. Then if i try "add hardware wizard" ,it cant find the driver in my (driver genius made) driver back up file, nor on the Mother board CD,nor on the windows CD ,and not on the disk with my modem drivers on it.
I have found out on I net the"NIC1394.sys" driver is located in Windows/System32/drivers.
,and indeed it is there in my windows installation although not working. ( installed yesterday but from 2004??)
Is it perhaps possible to use the "NIC1394.sys" from a 6 months old Acronis disk image and simply swap that one with the one currently in my windows/sys32/drivers folder that isn't installed? (but there!)
Or would i miss some register entry or something then and it would not work?

Also.....WHY can't I simply download the driver anywhere??!!!!
Never had that before really..

I have searched for 5 hours yet getting absolutely nowhere with this problem,

If anyone has an idea....
THX IN ADVANCE ! !

Processor: P4 E6600 Duo Core
Graphics Card: Asus EN9600 GT/HDMI/1Gb
Memory: 2048Mb DDR2 at 633 (Corsair-Dual mem)
Asus P5B -E Plus(775 pins motherboard 1066/1320 FSB 965 chipset)
1x SATA 160 GB(Western Digital)/1x SATA 80 GB (W.D.)/1x USB 500 GB ext disk.
Logitec 5.1 surround+ Phillips700w.surr.speakers.
Corsair 750 watts power supply.
October 27, 2008 11:49:24 AM

are you using a 1394 network connection?? very rare if you are.

does the regular 1394 (fiirewire) port show up right, and functional??

if so, dont worry about it.

if you dont use firewire, dont worry about it, just disable it.
October 27, 2008 11:56:39 AM

Well i used it on occasion , but i much rather skip on wireless then going through the process (and risks!!!) of a system wide driver update again.:( 
BAH...I postponed it way to long (2 years) and today i know exactly why again! Having bought "driver genius" or not it is a hazardous thing.

For now i will always go with the rule "if not broke dont fix it"
UNLESS VERY VERY SURE I MISS OUT ON SOMETHING!!

THX for the reply!
Related resources
October 27, 2008 12:41:57 PM

Barbaricfellow said:
Well i used it on occasion , but i much rather skip on wireless then going through the process (and risks!!!) of a system wide driver update again.:( 
BAH...I postponed it way to long (2 years) and today i know exactly why again! Having bought "driver genius" or not it is a hazardous thing.

For now i will always go with the rule "if not broke dont fix it"
UNLESS VERY VERY SURE I MISS OUT ON SOMETHING!!

THX for the reply!

Why are you mentioning wireless connections? 1394 is Firewire connections, not related at all to wireless.
October 27, 2008 12:59:53 PM

cyberjock said:
Why are you mentioning wireless connections? 1394 is Firewire connections, not related at all to wireless.

OOPS.... I am well aware and it was what I meant....BUT typed down the wrong word :( 

October 27, 2008 1:10:40 PM

O well....Until i find an easy solution i'll follow michiganteddybear's advice and just disable it.. and walk to the neighbour the few times I am busy with my cam.

!