possibly anoying answer...

mike guy

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
hello guys.

i have a monitor with a low contrast

and i noticed something-

when i lower my head and look at it the colors become much prettier and i dont know the word for it- i guess you say with a higher contrast. as if i had a much better monitor. i hope you understand what i mean...

so my question is - does this mean that my monitor has a higher potential (meaning that i could calibrate it better to achieve those colors)?

i am really hoping that the answer is yes...

waiting impatiently for your answers :)

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
go to your on screen display and setup your monitor to your choosing,,you should have got some sort of booklet/manual with it,if not then go to the appropriate web site and dig around,,,let your fingers do the walking...:)

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
Nope. I think..... You have a sucky monitor..... Because well, it's the old types of LCD monitors that actually does that......

Sort of readjusting that monitor to always angle to the "contrast" you like, then there's no real way to doing what you want.

Does your monitor use Drivers or is it straight plug and play. If you have one that uses drivers it may be worth looking for a newer version. If its plug and play and its not always been like that you could try replacing the cable. I had a plug and play Monitor once that decided every thing would look good with a pink/purple tinge. Spent about 2 days tweaking etc then put a new cable on it and it worked fine. Try and borrow one first if you can, no point buying a cable and it turns out not to be that :)

Mactronix