Sign in with
Your question

Is it my cd drive or what?? help please!

Last response: in Storage
January 10, 2010 9:40:57 PM

okay so i have an issue and im not sure if its with my cd drive or what...basically i tried to install a game and the cd drive wasn't reading the cd at all...it doesn't read any games, but it used to...but it plays music cds without any problems. so i have no clue what the issue is...i need to know if i need a new cd drive or how i can fix this problem...can anyone please help??

More about : drive

a b G Storage
January 10, 2010 9:54:58 PM

Will it play any videos?
m
l
a c 177 G Storage
January 10, 2010 10:29:46 PM

Some games now come on DVD's because they are large. Do you have a CD reader. or a DVD reader which will read both CD and DVD?

A nice SATA Samsung DVD burner is only about $30.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2010 3:51:06 AM

i think its a cd and dvd player....it says "52 x" on it...dont know if that helps...and no it doesnt play videos...just music...no games, no videos, nothing but music...i dont get that part
m
l
January 14, 2010 5:21:36 AM

Hey, if it says "52x" then most likely it is only a cdrom drive. As geofelt states that you can get a dvd burner for around $30 it would be a good descision considering that 52x cdroms are extremely old now and probally would have issues anyways if they were to be in use that period of time. A dvd burner would allow you to burn DVD-R/DVD-RW/CD-R/CD-RW and as well as read DVDs / CDs
m
l
a b G Storage
January 14, 2010 11:08:16 PM

If all it says is 52x, it's likely a CD ROM. You can pull it out and look at the label on the drive to be sure.
m
l
!