i7 920 ( Stock Speed )
Asus P6T SE Motherboard
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Power Supply Antec 750W Modular PSU
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme
Samsung DVD burner
Seagate 1TB Drive 7200 RPM's
RAM: Kingston Hyper X 6GB of DDR3 @ 16000MHZ ( stock also) KHX1600C8D3K3/6GX

All parts are brand new except for the videocard which is a NVIDIA Geforce 7300 GS

Problem:

Computer rarely restarts during the time I am using it. It restarts if I leave stuff downloading overnight or if I leave on during the day. I then have to re-install any software I installed the previous time because it says it was shutdown improperly ( CRASHED).

I then check the Event logger and see it has multiple crash reports.

Shows as
Level: Critical
Source: Kernal-Power
Event ID: 41
Task Category: 63

I show 20 of these crashes so far and I just built the system yesterday.

I need help in determining what could be causing this. The motherboard? Old Videocard? Windows 7? 64 Bit platform?

Any thoughts?

Andy2008

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Looks like it's failing when it tries to sleep:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=41&source=

Have you installed the W7 64-bit drivers from Asus? If they don't show up in the normal downloads section, you can register the board with Asus and the download will be available in the members section.

kuanaco

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
This is what that link says: Description The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding failed or lost power during the sleep transition.

But doesn't offer any fixes. I will try to DL the 64bit drivers from ASUS today and see what happens but I could of sworn I did this already but Im desperate and would hate to take it apart to return the motherboard.

Any other suggestions?