Sign in with
Your question

Windows XP registry errors

Last response: in Windows XP
January 12, 2011 2:56:09 AM

Hello,
I used Norton utilities to clean my registry and now when I start up my windows xp, I have 3 entries in the registry that don't exist. Example: Windows can not find "'C:\Documents'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. This is followed by Could not load "'C:\Documents' specified in the registry. make sure the file exists or remove the reference to it in the registry. I have 3 of these on startup of my windows? How do I get tem removed?
January 12, 2011 3:16:38 AM

Quote:
I have 3 entries in the registry that don't exist.

This is a self-annihilating coincidence.

Click in this order: Start>Help and Support>Undo changes to your computer with System Restore>Restore my computer to an earlier time>Next

Pick a bold date just prior to doing the Norton on your computer. Click Next and wait a few minutes, not long for it to work.
m
l
January 12, 2011 1:04:18 PM

tigsounds said:
Quote:
I have 3 entries in the registry that don't exist.

This is a self-annihilating coincidence.

Click in this order: Start>Help and Support>Undo changes to your computer with System Restore>Restore my computer to an earlier time>Next

Pick a bold date just prior to doing the Norton on your computer. Click Next and wait a few minutes, not long for it to work.

Thank you for the reply. I tried system restore as far back as my system will allow (I think 90 days) and after trying several restore points, system restore isn't working. Any suggestions for resolving the system restore issue? Thanks so much
m
l
Related resources
January 12, 2011 3:25:26 PM

Next in line would be a Windows Repair. It gets rid of all updates and hotfixes.

Follow instructions found
HERE.
m
l
January 19, 2011 3:03:43 PM

Thanks so much-- Can you help me with the steps for Windows repair?
m
l
!