lost kazaa files

after running the anti spyware I had the same problem, lost all song files. I
un- quarentined them and it did'nt help. I downloaded kazaa again and it
uploaded? all my song files,great. Next day kazaa is gone, files are gone and
they are not in the quarentine section. all the files are still shown in the
spyware scan history, is there anyway to get them back or has anti spyware
cost me years of mp3's

Next time do two things.
1. After downloading, place downloads in another folder.
2. More important since everyone should always do it anyways...ALWAYS keep
back-ups of all important data.
Without back-ups permanent data loss is always a close as the next hard
drive failure.
And since hard drives are mechanical devices, it is not a question of if
they will fail, but when the drive will fail.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"nolram" <nolram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after running the anti spyware I had the same problem, lost all song
> files. I
> un- quarentined them and it did'nt help. I downloaded kazaa again and it
> uploaded? all my song files,great. Next day kazaa is gone, files are gone
> and
> they are not in the quarentine section. all the files are still shown in
> the
> spyware scan history, is there anyway to get them back or has anti spyware
> cost me years of mp3's

You may have to try a file recovery program to see what you can uncover with
it. There are a few freeware apps that are pretty good such as PC Inspector
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm or you may need to
use a decent retail product such as Winternal's Administrator Pack
http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/ which contains Disk
Commander and is very good at finding lost files.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

Dump kazaa use Limewire www.limewire.com