Sign in with
Your question

[helppp]computer froze and then buzzing sound

Last response: in CPUs
October 28, 2008 8:29:11 PM

Plsssomebody help me..when I everytime switch on my computer for first time and after using it approximately 5 minutes it always like turned off or restart,not a normal restart,it just dark screen and monitor is unresponsive and I hear unussual sound is like buzzing for a long time and it didnt stop until I cutt off the power,after I turned ON the computer again it just become normal,it always like that for first time I switched ON my computer

pls help me..thx a lot
October 28, 2008 8:53:00 PM

Sounds like a potential power supply issue from the sound description, but just taking a stab in the dark.

Could also be a fan issue as sometimes they make odd sounds when failing.
October 28, 2008 9:00:26 PM

kamel5547 said:
Sounds like a potential power supply issue from the sound description, but just taking a stab in the dark.

Could also be a fan issue as sometimes they make odd sounds when failing.

if that is fan issue,how do i solve the problem of that fan,should I plugged it out and plugged it again??

thxx
Related resources
October 28, 2008 9:56:01 PM

Could also be a capacitor going out. If you can, try to pinpoint the noise, and thats where the problem is, maybe mobo, but most likely psu, could also be gpu, but thats rare
a b à CPUs
October 28, 2008 10:05:51 PM

that's what I am thinking, a capacitor leaking voltage makes a buzzing whining noise.
a c 143 à CPUs
October 29, 2008 12:21:06 AM

Let me see if I read that correctly...
Whenever you FIRST turn the PC on, it works for five minutes, then cuts off with a buzzing sound. When you turn it back on, it runs normally?
I'm going to guess you've got a failing CPU fan. You turn it on, and the fan isn't running yet because the CPU hasn't heated up. The CPU heats up, so the fan voltage ramps up, but the fan doesn't start, so the PC sounds an alarm and shuts off. When you turn it on again, the CPU is already warm, so the instantaneous jolt of voltage to the CPU fan starts it, so the system runs normally.
The long term fix is to replace the dying fan. In the short term, you may find some BIOS settings to run the fan at a higher voltage, or even run it full speed all the time, so it starts right away when you turn the system on.
October 29, 2008 3:23:46 AM

I had this problem as well... I pin-pointed the noise (motherboard) n took it into the shop. I explained what I heard and it took them 3 weeks to replace.

Anyways, Imo open the case n stick your head in. Work out exactly where the sound is coming from. Will make it easier to fix it.
October 29, 2008 4:12:53 AM

Onus said:
Let me see if I read that correctly...
Whenever you FIRST turn the PC on, it works for five minutes, then cuts off with a buzzing sound. When you turn it back on, it runs normally?
I'm going to guess you've got a failing CPU fan. You turn it on, and the fan isn't running yet because the CPU hasn't heated up. The CPU heats up, so the fan voltage ramps up, but the fan doesn't start, so the PC sounds an alarm and shuts off. When you turn it on again, the CPU is already warm, so the instantaneous jolt of voltage to the CPU fan starts it, so the system runs normally.
The long term fix is to replace the dying fan. In the short term, you may find some BIOS settings to run the fan at a higher voltage, or even run it full speed all the time, so it starts right away when you turn the system on.

yeah like that definitely right,whenever first time i turn the PC on it always shut down itself just a couple minutes after turned ON,after that I switched on again it runs normally,i already tried turn it on for 3 hours and using it to play game and it runs normally,the shut down & restart problems only occurs when I FIRST TIME turned ON computer..
a c 143 à CPUs
October 29, 2008 9:07:57 AM

Ok then, before turning it on for the first time, open the case. Then when you turn it on, see if all fans (especially the CPU fan) immediately start up. If they don't, make whatever BIOS adjustments are necessary or possible so that they will. For example, you might be able to: 1) increase the minimum duty cycle of the fan, 2) lower the temperature at which it starts, 3) lower the minimum RPM, or 4) increase its voltage. What motherboard do you have?
!