Sign in with
Your question

My tax return will be wasted on i7 just for this....

Last response: in CPUs
October 29, 2008 1:02:06 AM

http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?img=news_msix58ecli...

Like, really. No bull. I talked crap about that ridiculus ASUS X58 with the "command center" buttons all over it, and ive been putting i7 aside, but all BS aside, I fell in love with this board as soon as I saw it. The SB/NB/Mosfet piece is just awesome looking, and the blue and black EVERYTHING is just sweet. The colors on this board and the design of the passive cooling piece really come together, as do the SATA port placement, offering plenty of standard and side placement ports, and even the old PATA/IDE/Floppy port is on the side. Nice looking sound card bundled with it like most high end ASUS boards, and that LED readout looks fancy. It still has the on-board buttons like the high end ASUS boards, but I like how they are tucked away and dont really stand out as an attention whore like they do on the ASUS X58.

/fanboygiggleoff.

Hopefully its priced decently. Also the Foxconn X58 http://www.tweaktown.com/news/10408/foxconn_bloodrage_x... has a great design as well.

More about : tax return wasted

October 29, 2008 1:10:56 AM

I know how you feel, I fell in love with the Asus rampage formula & Maximus II Formula:p 
October 29, 2008 1:53:57 AM

You guys really should get out more often
Related resources
October 29, 2008 1:56:06 AM

Maybe meet some women? :lol: 
October 29, 2008 2:07:58 AM

Woman and the cpu section don't mix.
October 29, 2008 2:12:23 AM

KingLoftusXII said:

^+1

QFT
a b à CPUs
October 29, 2008 2:19:29 AM

The MSI board is cool, but the foxconn only has 3 memory slots :( 
October 29, 2008 2:23:54 AM

Hmm, I just noticed that, overlooked it at first glance. But I guess it wouldnt matter if you were using nothing but 3/6/9/12gb kits? Unless their will be no 3gb sticks, and only 1, 2 and 4.
October 29, 2008 2:29:34 AM

yeah i thought the maximus formula II was hotttt
this is sexy too... but i <3 maximus formula se, it was a pioneer in full crossfire for intel chipsets =]
October 29, 2008 4:41:55 AM

Eclipse looks slick, though I'm not big on m/b appearance since it's tucked away nicely inside a case behind expansion cards, giant coolers, wiring, and soon to be years of dust.

One of the Asus boards has built-in SAS - it's either that or SCSI for any of the 15k rpm drives. I don't RAID the OS drive. Thoughts?
October 29, 2008 5:15:20 AM

Homeboy2 said:
You guys really should get out more often

I was thinking the same thing. Dunking the proverbial doughnut does far more for emotional stability than a new CPU every could. However, CPU's are far cheaper than wives. :lol: 
October 29, 2008 5:23:51 AM

*yomamafor1 puts spathotan under the list of "another idiot bit ASUS marketing's dust"* :kaola: 
October 29, 2008 5:28:49 AM

haha.

put some money towards a kick ass car and pull some girls like nothing.
October 29, 2008 5:34:52 AM

teh_boxzor said:
haha.

Either that or pay for a tongue-extension. :) 
October 29, 2008 5:58:22 AM

^ this guy

oh man hilarious.
a b à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 29, 2008 6:59:53 AM

BadTrip said:
The MSI board is cool, but the foxconn only has 3 memory slots :( 

omg no product of MSI comes near "cool" - do you call a garbage dump "cool"?
a b à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 29, 2008 7:04:01 AM

spathotan said:
http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?img=news_msix58ecli...

Like, really. No bull. I talked crap about that ridiculus ASUS X58 with the "command center" buttons all over it, and ive been putting i7 aside, but all BS aside, I fell in love with this board as soon as I saw it. The SB/NB/Mosfet piece is just awesome looking, and the blue and black EVERYTHING is just sweet. The colors on this board and the design of the passive cooling piece really come together, as do the SATA port placement, offering plenty of standard and side placement ports, and even the old PATA/IDE/Floppy port is on the side. Nice looking sound card bundled with it like most high end ASUS boards, and that LED readout looks fancy. It still has the on-board buttons like the high end ASUS boards, but I like how they are tucked away and dont really stand out as an attention whore like they do on the ASUS X58.

/fanboygiggleoff.

Hopefully its priced decently. Also the Foxconn X58 http://www.tweaktown.com/news/10408/foxconn_bloodrage_x... has a great design as well.

I dunno, i look at this and it reminds me of the ASUS P4T - i850 chipset, AGP4x, dual channel RD ram, full size board etc, look how quickly that socket, memory etc was replaced by something cheaper and faster (northwood, i845 etc) - i aint paying no premium price for that.
October 29, 2008 10:30:15 AM

How does this remind you of a 4+ year old board? Are you sane?
a b à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 30, 2008 9:06:04 AM

spathotan said:
How does this remind you of a 4+ year old board? Are you sane?

It was the first generation motherboard for the pentium 4, compare that to a final generation 865 based chipset for the pentium and the price and it makes you wonder why people jump into it so quickly - the socket, memory etc changed so quickly.

Now, looking at that shiny new asus motherboard, it too will be like that old 4+ year old board.
a b à CPUs
October 30, 2008 9:37:40 AM

KingLoftusXII said:

:heink: 
a b à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 30, 2008 11:04:01 AM

:sarcastic:  how long did amd's socket 754 and 940 last before being wiped out by 939? Intels socket 423 being wiped by 478? Why is it people dont remember what happened?

Dont get me wrong, sockets are always being replaced, but first generaion is so stupidly overpriced, like the Intel 975 boards that first came out and were the first to support the Core 2's - 300+ for the first boards etc - i aint paying no premium price for something when i can get something else that can match or some close at a far better price.
October 30, 2008 9:13:23 PM

You are looking too far into this thread, guy.

All I was doing was pumping up the board, not to mention 90% of the post here are laffo/goofy. Stop harping on your modest budget and your ability to hold off on first generation. This thread was not intended to bash sockets or early adopters.
October 31, 2008 2:13:48 AM

teh_boxzor said:
haha.

Haha. We, nerds aren't really interested in females. Sure we will take a courtesy glance at a "pretty" female and admire her face, hair, attire. While still walking towards that l33t computer with all the bells and whistles. His mouth will then be agape and drool emitting forth at such a fine piece of machinery/technology! :ouch: 

That motherboard rocks, wonder what itll cost? Too bad it exceeds my budget. How much is that audio/sound card alone?
October 31, 2008 2:54:15 AM

amdfangirl said:
:heink: 

I agree with your AMDfangirl. The original comment sounded a little sexist. Why don't woman and the cpu section go together?
October 31, 2008 3:48:42 AM

Quote:
like the Intel 975 boards that first came out and were the first to support the Core 2's - 300+ for the first boards etc - i aint paying no premium price for something when i can get something else that can match or some close at a far better price.

$270 for my 975x, plus $7 shipping. Initially it barely supported the Core 2; with subsequent BIOS updates, it's capable of supporting all the FSB1333 chips, pretty much all the Kentsfields, Wolfdales, and Penryns. Just have to keep in mind it won't hit 500+ fsb, just ~400-420.

So there are some more recent counterexamples to obsolete day-old sockets. Prices on new boards have gone up, but the companies are paying more attention to supporting their boards a lot longer.
a b à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 31, 2008 8:26:08 AM

spathotan said:
You are looking too far into this thread, guy.

All I was doing was pumping up the board, not to mention 90% of the post here are laffo/goofy. Stop harping on your modest budget and your ability to hold off on first generation. This thread was not intended to bash sockets or early adopters.

Ummmm i work in the industry, and get new equipement from the company all the time - budget is no issue im sorry to say there mate, but knowing the industry, i have no care for this first generation on a new socket, fsb, memory etc design.

As for your counter arguments, when the first core 2 duo's were release i actually got an E6600 and a P5B Deluxe Wifi and was among the first to break that magical FSB1600 barrier with a 4mb L2 chip, and on stock cooling etc - but in that argument, the FSB, socket and so on were ALL THE SAME AS PREVIOUS GENERATION NETBURST BAISED CHIPS, so totally different situation ;)  and in saying that, the P5B failed to work with my Q6600 correctly after upgrading etc.
October 31, 2008 9:35:35 AM

who ever said women and c0mputers dont mix? some guy on XS got xtreme LEGEND status for volt modding his gf's vibrator. LOL!
!