Advice please 45nm 775

I am going to upgrade soon since my current cpu can't keep up and has become a major bottle neck so does any have any suggestions for a 45nm dual core that has a good chance of hitting 4ghz+ while staying below 1.4v on the core. Mainboard xfx 780i. PSU antec ea650, current cpu e6400 (B2) at 3.4ghz 1.376v. :hello: Please nothing major pricey I am not the fed who can spend like a Rothschild.

All I want is to reduce the lag and overhead after adding my second 9800gt. The cpu bound apps after adding the card really suffered unlike crysis or oblivion. Even attempted 3.8ghz but 1.5v no thanks plus it would only post then but got to 3.6ghz but stable nope. Note that I do have a 4gb kit of DDR2 1066.

mezal1981

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
im agree with u jonpaul37, before i upgrate my card to HD4870 im using the sli 9800GT and MSI 750i, everyone know that 9800GT in not a good card even i play in sacred 2 also i have the problem the card not support(the picture of floor blink).the best ways is to buy the new GPU like 250GTS or 260GTX coz your board is sli right.

Well the temps are good so are the volts but well the small performance loss is only a pain when running pcsx2 or fraps but at least I got a playable frame rate in fallout3 at max settings and 32XQ sli aa while crysis has never looked better at the same. Still gets hammered by phsyx in mirrors edge. Would throw in my 8800gtx but the antec ea650 is a wimp in that department plus it gets warm in there already to my liking. I some times can get my 55nm G92 and my G80 to idle in the 20s at times.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Adding another video card to your system would not affect cpu dependent apps in ANY way......LOL
Not quite so...... LOL. Consider the entire CPU/GPU performance spectrum; Microsoft Flight Simulator X occupies the CPU end of the spectrum. It's the most CPU bound title you can run. FPS is ~85% dependent upon CPU horsepower as in the number of cores and clock frequency, and not on GPU horsepower.

Although it's not a GPU intensive bang-bang-murder-death-kill "first person shooter game", it's a "seriously realistic global simulation" that can help you to get your pilot's license, if that's your passion and ambition. FSX performs best on a highly overclocked Core i7, and just a single mainstream nVidia card, such as the GTX 260. Adding multiple GPU's such as SLI/CF/x2 cards has the effect of actually reducing FPS, due to multiple processor interrupts.

If you don't believe it, then see Tom's Gaming Graphics Charts: http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html

Comp :sol: