F*cked up display

person5

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
(quick note, i didn't know what to put for subsection, i put nvidia because thats what my graphics card is its a BFG nvidia Geforce 8800 gts)
ok here's the jist of it
i just installed xp, i installed all my drivers, i was going to hook up my second monitor and i must have pressed something i shouldn't have because it is officially screwed up
the colors are all backwards and wrong my dimensions are wrong and i can't change them i cant change it from 4 colors and its driving me nuts this happened before on an old computer but i forgot how i fixed it also i was able to get my 2nd monitor working but it stopped before it was fully operational and now i'm stuck with that not working either so i suppose my two q's are this
1.how do i fix this satanic display
2.how do i set up my second monitor
any help would be EXTREMELY appreciaative
thanks

GuyAmI

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
if you've got a copy of the video drivers you could always boot into safe mode and install the drivers from there

Check to make sure the graphics card is seated properly. Sounds to me like you may have moved it slightly when you tried connecting your monitor so not all the pins of the card are making proper contact with the slot. Make sure it's properly secured. After you do that uninstall the drivers and then use the add new hardware wizard in the control panel. Select the location the drivers are stored yourself and install the correct driver, rather than letting it try and automatically install it for you.