Recording Freeview on Video Recorder

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 19, 2004 5:34:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Hi all,
I have a Sony Digital Terrestrial Reciver VTX-D800U

and a Philips DVD755VR105 DVD-Video Player/Video Cassette Recorder

all was working well until I rescanned the Sony Freeview for channels
since around that time but not necessarily then I cannot record any Freeview
channel
I used to record Freeview on AU2 on the Video.
now this seems to record ITV 1
I have tried retuning the video (with the Sony Freeview on) and this made no
difference.

on trying to manually retune the AU2 channel, going from System Menu to Pre
Set and pressing ok
then pressing the system menu again it starts on the Channel no NOT the
Programme no so I can set it to AU2 .

I am not very techy!
can any kind person tell me where I am going wrong please,

Mick.
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 11:48:36 PM

"Mick." <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a Sony Digital Terrestrial Reciver VTX-D800U
>
> and a Philips DVD755VR105 DVD-Video Player/Video Cassette Recorder
>
> all was working well until I rescanned the Sony Freeview for channels
> since around that time but not necessarily then I cannot record any
Freeview
> channel
> I used to record Freeview on AU2 on the Video.
> now this seems to record ITV 1
> I have tried retuning the video (with the Sony Freeview on) and this made
no
> difference.
>
> on trying to manually retune the AU2 channel, going from System Menu to
Pre
> Set and pressing ok
> then pressing the system menu again it starts on the Channel no NOT the
> Programme no so I can set it to AU2 .
>
> I am not very techy!
> can any kind person tell me where I am going wrong please,
>
> Mick.

For best results you should be using the VCR out on the box and the AV2 in
on the VCR via scart (you do have scarts don't youo?).
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 3:49:56 AM

"R. Mark Clayton" <nospamclayton@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Mick." <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I have a Sony Digital Terrestrial Reciver VTX-D800U
> >
> > and a Philips DVD755VR105 DVD-Video Player/Video Cassette Recorder
> >
> > all was working well until I rescanned the Sony Freeview for channels
> > since around that time but not necessarily then I cannot record any
> Freeview
> > channel
> > I used to record Freeview on AU2 on the Video.
> > now this seems to record ITV 1
> > I have tried retuning the video (with the Sony Freeview on) and this
made
> no
> > difference.
> >
> > on trying to manually retune the AU2 channel, going from System Menu to
> Pre
> > Set and pressing ok
> > then pressing the system menu again it starts on the Channel no NOT the
> > Programme no so I can set it to AU2 .
> >
> > I am not very techy!
> > can any kind person tell me where I am going wrong please,
> >
> > Mick.
> >

> For best results you should be using the VCR out on the box and the AV2 in
> on the VCR via scart (you do have scarts don't youo?).

Hi thanks for repling.
yes there are two scarts from the freeview box, 1 to the VCR and 1 to the TV
and 1 from the Video to the TV.
I made sure I got the TV nnd VCR both with 2 scart sockets, and also made
sure the scarts were fully wired.

Mick.
!