cannot play Windows Picture and Fax finder Program.

i receive several e-mails that are in the above program. when I go to open
the file, the file does not play. have downloaded Codecs. but don't know how
to open and read the file that was sent to me. Any suggestions from anyone??
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot play windows picture finder program

    Open Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/FileTypes and
    assign whichever file extension (jpg,jpeg,png,bmp...etc)
    that you want to always open with Windows Picture and Fax
    Viewer or just use the right click, "open with" command to
    select WPFV to view the pictures.

    Most likely you have installed some other picture program
    that has taken the default.

    some support

    "ditzychick" <ditzychick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    |i receive several e-mails that are in the above program.
    when I go to open
    | the file, the file does not play. have downloaded Codecs.
    but don't know how
    | to open and read the file that was sent to me. Any
    suggestions from anyone??

    Hi,

    What is the file extension for the file sent to you?

    The Windows Picture and Fax viewer does not download codecs, it is designed
    to support a specific set of file types. Codecs are downloaded and used by
    the Windows Media Player.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ditzychick" <ditzychick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i receive several e-mails that are in the above program. when I go to open
    > the file, the file does not play. have downloaded Codecs. but don't know
    > how
    > to open and read the file that was sent to me. Any suggestions from
    > anyone??

Fax Microsoft Windows XP