I have W XP w/ NTFS. I have Visual Cafe previuosly installed and was working.
Suddenly I find ot that after adding .java files w/ ling names into project
those file appear with there short names ... and V Cafe ignores them as java
files.

Please advice

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:17:03 -0700, nbs51 wrote:

> I have W XP w/ NTFS. I have Visual Cafe previuosly installed and was working.
> Suddenly I find ot that after adding .java files w/ ling names into project
> those file appear with there short names ... and V Cafe ignores them as java
> files.
>
> Please advice

This is an application problem, not a Windows problem. Could not find an
online support forum for the product though. There may be one listed in the
program's Help file.

Meanwhile, you might try enclosing the long file names with quotes.
Example:"really_long_file_name.ext"

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

The answer is: fsutil

"nbs51" wrote:

> I have W XP w/ NTFS. I have Visual Cafe previuosly installed and was working.
> Suddenly I find ot that after adding .java files w/ ling names into project
> those file appear with there short names ... and V Cafe ignores them as java
> files.
>
> Please advice

rmontrose

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
For Visual Cafe 4.51 (it might work with earlier releases) just right click on the properties, go to the Compatibility tag, and select "Windows 2000" for the operating system. It will then correctly handle files.