lslinnet

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'm currently looking for a suitable NAS system for my home and was wondering if QNAP's new TS-659 is worth the extra money or if their TS-639 will suffice.
they have been compared on http://qnap.com/images/products/comparison/Comparison_6BayNAS.html

It got a 1.66 ghz dual-core atom processor which i'm not quite sure if it's actually better than the old's 1.6 ghz
It got a little quicker read/write on both smb and ftp, only major increase here is the write speed.

So basically is it worth the extra money to got for the newer model rather than the old?

lslinnet

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
well have looked around on a few from Synology, Thecus etc. but came to QNAP based on good recommendations by coworkers and their capabilites fits my needs.

Hence my question going strictly on TS-6xx serie as that size fits my current needs and a few years out.

As QNAP just launched the new version of TS-6xx serie (TS-659) i was wondering if it really was that big of an improvement compared to the previous model to pay the extra for the new one (1134USD vs 1512USD - based on Danish prices converted to USD).
And since I don't know enough about the 2 systems to make a proper estimation I though I might as well open that question in this forum.