X58 eclipse , Help!

roller11

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
The pics I've seen of this board show it has an SLI bridge included, but I need to know if the bridge will connect two gtx280s in the top most (x16) slot and the bottom most (x4) PCIe slot. Or, will it connect only if the cards are in the two x16 slots (black).
I need this issue resolved right away cause UPS will be tomorrow here around noon (Dec 1).
If I can't span the 2 slots noted above (x16 and x4), I can't do SLI and I'll want to reject the delivery with a 'Return To Sender'. But if the bridge will cover span, then I will certainly want to keep it for further testing. Anyone have this board? The manual didn't address this issue.

Liderc

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I definitely wouldn't turn it away if it doesn't have the perfect sli bridge for your needs. You can order sli bridges from many sites.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
x58 eclipse... heh... its just calling me

btw this thread is pointless. look at the picture. what you see is what you get. theres this awesome thing that most humans are gifted with. its called depth perception.

edit

i just realized IM SO CONFUSED lol

let me get this straight. you want to connect two gtx280's on that board, one in x16 and one in x4? cause that would be the most logical assumption [why would some1 want to do that though?].

why would msi include a bridge that cant cover both x16 slots?

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I don't think so, the requirements of SLI probably make it that you have to go in order, primary vga slot, to the second pciex16 slot, to the third, in that order. Why can't you use the second pcie slot?