Mobo issues.....Need help

fallenazrael

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
Ok guys i just upgraded my rig and am having some issues. I just put in the intel DX58SO mobo with the intel core i7 940 chip. I am running the radeon 3870 512 mb card with a WD hardrive rigged up through a IDE to SATA adapter cause the harddrive is older and the mobo doesnt have any ide connections. Also running 6gb of corsair xms ddr3 ram. I have a raidmax volcano 630 w powersupply.

My issue is that i am not getting any video output. I know the card worked about 5 days ago and i also swapped with an radeon x1800 i had extra, no video out either. I have checked all the connections, all the fans turn on and i also have the 2 aux power connections plugged in that the board has in addition to the normal 2 connectors.

Any known issues with bad the intel board or chip being bad out of the box?

Any idea of what it may be?

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Did you plug in the 24 pin and the 4/8pin. You got to have that 4/8 pin plugged in by the CPU or it will never turn on.

Take out the hdd and use one stick of ram to try and get it to do something.

Also try to assemble it on cardboard to make sure there is no short.

You woulda been better off to get the 920 and spend the extra $$$ on a Asus or Gigabyte mobo.

Also raidmax are known to be ****, so get a new psu asap. That one might of took a crap just by swapping things around.

Dummer things have happened.