August 15, 2008 7:25:57 PM

Hi all,

I just built new computer. The new hardware I use is :

Asus P5E3
Intel Q6600
2GB (2x1GB) DDR3 XMS3 RAM
ASUS HD4850 512 MB

I am using old HDD and DVD drives.

Problem is when I turn the computer ON, it shows POST and if i press DEL it goes into BIOS as well where it shows cpu and ram details which are correct. but when i try to run windows it gives error, windows is corrupt cause of hardware/software change and system turns off automatically.

I have checked all cables, and they seem ok. All fans are running i.e. cpu fan, vga fan, two casing fans and psu fan. I don't understand why its happening.

Please I need your expertise advise to resolve this.

Thanks
August 15, 2008 7:47:58 PM

You usually can't boot an operating system from one PC to an entirely different system.

You might be able to install you HDD into a different PC as sets say Drive E and save your files off of it. Then Format and install the HDD back in your PC and install a fresh OS.
August 15, 2008 7:50:04 PM

Can I keep HDD in new computer and format it first than install fresh copy of windows as I've already made backup of files so i can format it straight. Also is this can be the reason why computer is turning off again and again.
Related resources
August 15, 2008 7:58:16 PM

In Bios Set CD/DVD drive as 1st boot device. Put OS disk into drive f10 out of bios windows should start install process. Follow directions. Select format when you get there. It takes awhile for the format to complete.
August 15, 2008 8:04:01 PM

knotknut said:
In Bios Set CD/DVD drive as 1st boot device. Put OS disk into drive f10 out of bios windows should start install process. Follow directions. Select format when you get there. It takes awhile for the format to complete.

I already tried this as well but when its loading windows files to start setup, system goes OFF :pfff: 

please help mate!!
August 15, 2008 8:15:54 PM

Check all connections/plugs @ Motherboard, Optic Drive, HDD, GPU.Make sure CPU and Heat Sink is firmly seated.
Do you have Stand-off's between the Motherboard and case?

August 15, 2008 8:19:32 PM

Yeah all connections are firmly seated. No I am not using any stand-off's because I didn't received any with moterboard. I don't think that is the cause of the problem because my old computer was working fine and i didn't used any stand-off's with that either.
August 15, 2008 8:33:12 PM

Take everything out of the case and lay it out on a piece of cardboard.
Make all of the connections. Momentarily touch PWR +/- at the same time with tip of screwdriver to power the system up.
August 15, 2008 8:37:33 PM

WFT ?!

It couldn't be that ur old case doesn't have standoffs on it! u are shorting the motherboard thats the problem. U will be very lucky if the whole thing is still working

Can u upload a pic of the Old case? mainly the motherboard tray

bdw is the new case a second hand case ? the stand offs are provided with the case
August 15, 2008 8:45:38 PM

Don't understand when you said touch power +/- at same time to power the system up? can u explain this please

@juvealert

i got asus vento 3600 casing. and its not new, i bought it like 3 years ago
August 15, 2008 8:59:55 PM

Where your wires to the On Button on the front of your case connect to the motherboard.

What happens when you push the ON button it momentarily connects those two pins/connectors (PWR) to turn the system on. Touching both at the same time when layed out on the cardboard does the same thing, powers up the system.
August 15, 2008 9:07:21 PM

i will try this and let you know, thanks for your help brother

really appreciate it
August 15, 2008 9:10:55 PM

He talking about shorting the two pins like the ones I have circled in the photo below with a small screw but just for a second.
August 16, 2008 1:13:43 AM

its working now, thankyou all for your help!

Another thing I want to ask you people, I have installed 3dmark06 to run benchmark. When I run it, screen popups gathering system information, it will take few minutes, and software hangs. What could be the problem, i have tried unisntalling/reboot and installing again but its not working. Any other benchmark software to test system

Thanks
!