Looking for round head slot screws (pictured)

I need help finding hard drive screws like the ones in this picture, except I need them with coarse threading for Hard Drives. Does anyone know what the technical name for this type of screw is and/or where I can buy some? Any help is appreciated.

9 answers Last reply
More about looking round head slot screws pictured
  1. I had a similar small hardware problem once, and went to an indudtrial retail supplier. They were most helpful, and shipped only a few to me. Start here and make some calls. At least you have great photos of what you need.

  2. They look very similar to older Compaq screws except they have a slot that goes all the way across the top of the screw for flat head screwdrivers. Might be an avenue to explore.
  3. Welcome to the forums!

    I have a Rosewill case that has screws like that. Maybe if you call them they will send you some.
  4. ebay
  5. Call the manufacturer of the hard drive would be my first guess........
  6. Just to let you know you can use regular hard drive/slot cover/case screws for your hard drives.
  7. DUH! Regular hard drive screws worked. Thanks.
  8. Well, I see you already figured it out for yourself. If you are in the USA, I was going to suggest your local Ace Hardware store. I am right in the middle of a case mod and I swapped out all the standard screws for cool looking black screws I really liked. I found them at the hardware store. Ace Hardware was a heck of a lot cheaper than the case mod vendors on line.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Hard Drives Components