Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Folder opens upon Windows startup...

Last response: in Windows XP
January 13, 2011 8:02:32 PM

The "Program Files/Dell" folder opens everytime I start Windows. I have Windows XP Media Ctr. I see a few items in the MSCONFIG, startup tab that say "Program Files/Dell/..... " but I can't figure out what they're for. This pc has had trojans which it appears I have sucesssfully removed. Can anyone hel me figure out how I can get this folder to stop opening everytime I start Windows?

Thanks very much

Best solution

January 14, 2011 4:33:28 AM

When you cut off the "Program Files/Dell/..... " part, you also cut off any help you might get with this.

Don't be so lazy, type it out all the way so we can read it.
January 14, 2011 5:09:07 AM

tigsound, didn't realize i was being lazy as that was the path, period. i will double check tomorrow to see if there are any files beyond that, but i don't think so. will repost tomorrow. goodnight.
m
l
Related resources
January 17, 2011 2:55:22 PM

funny, i thought i had already responded to this thread and voted best answer and the thread was closed. now i look in my threads and see this. oh well.

this folder that kept opening had nothing else in it. i ended up accessing the hidden partition and restored the pc to factory condition. thanks very much for replying to my post.
m
l
January 17, 2011 2:55:44 PM

Best answer selected by ckmckee.
m
l
!