Apprentice XP - Any more need for it

Now that Publish 10 Jedi Quests is almost upon us , is there any
more need to have Apprentice XP intergrated into profession
mastering . Surely this was put in place to slow 'Holo' Grinding ?
..

Sartori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2003

<Willard White> wrote in message

> Now that Publish 10 Jedi Quests is almost upon us , is there any
> more need to have Apprentice XP intergrated into profession
> mastering . Surely this was put in place to slow 'Holo' Grinding ?
> .

Apprentice XP was in the game since beta. In order to be a "master", you
must have taught others what you know. In theory anyways. Teaching someone
Ranged Support I over and over to master Chef didn't make much sense, but
whatever.

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

Actually, I believe the reason for Apprentice XP was to force players to
interact. Without it, players could grind from novice to master without
ever talking to another player.

<Willard White> wrote in message

> Now that Publish 10 Jedi Quests is almost upon us , is there any
> more need to have Apprentice XP intergrated into profession
> mastering . Surely this was put in place to slow 'Holo' Grinding ?
> .

I used to complain it was impossible to get AP because 'no one needs to
learn anything anymore'. =) Heh... now I'm maxxed out... 1240 AP and since
I'm not into the grind I have no use for it.

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovny

"Howard" <jonhoward2@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Actually, I believe the reason for Apprentice XP was to force players to
> interact. Without it, players could grind from novice to master without
> ever talking to another player.
>

> <Willard White> wrote in message
> >

> > Now that Publish 10 Jedi Quests is almost upon us , is there any
> > more need to have Apprentice XP intergrated into profession
> > mastering . Surely this was put in place to slow 'Holo' Grinding ?
> > .

ringo

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:52:30 -0500, "Howard" <jonhoward2@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Actually, I believe the reason for Apprentice XP was to force players to
>interact. Without it, players could grind from novice to master without
>ever talking to another player.
>

><Willard White> wrote in message
>>

>> Now that Publish 10 Jedi Quests is almost upon us , is there any
>> more need to have Apprentice XP intergrated into profession
>> mastering . Surely this was put in place to slow 'Holo' Grinding ?
>> .

No real need no, its a failed concept that will prob never be changed.
Fact is after a short time players dont need other players to train
them as money is not really an issue. Now it is very convenient to get
training from other players but thats all. Basicaly people now sell AP
like anything else else. Its just a big pain to get though as quickly
as possible. BTW going rate for 620 AP is around 150k now aint that a
kick in the head. Welcome to our world.

I had a bazillion combat XP a couple months ago and I though I'd take it
upon myself to 'sell' some of it away. I got mostly negatory responses.

'Why sell it, help some people out!' Geez man, just trying to make my way...

'I only have 15K is that enough.' *sigh*

I gave up after a day or two.