Urgent-need a dvd-rw that works

urgent-I need someone that recommends me a good dvd rw that will work on the go,burn dvds,cd's ffs.
bought a samsung and died,had to replace ,i did it with an lg, it won't burn dvd's properly,so im sending it back.
i don't want anymore trouble after this.
also i would like to know the ones i should not get.
i bought from microdirect, so they will only give me another one in exchange and not my money back(i think)
so check them out and tell me please.
11 answers Last reply
More about urgent need works
  1. Liteon has been good to me...
  2. Strange. I have had lots of success with both Samsung and LG. Liteon, not so much.

    Are you sure your problem isn't cheap media?
  3. Pioneer=Industrial workhorse, not the fastest but one of the most reliable!
  4. damian86 said:
    urgent-I need someone that recommends me a good dvd rw that will work on the go,burn dvds,cd's ffs.
    bought a samsung and died,had to replace ,i did it with an lg, it won't burn dvd's properly,so im sending it back.
    i don't want anymore trouble after this.
    also i would like to know the ones i should not get.
    i bought from microdirect, so they will only give me another one in exchange and not my money back(i think)
    so check them out and tell me please.


    PLEXTOR!!!!!!!! But they are more expensive usually. Pioneer would be my next choice. Have had tons of LG / Liteons die in the past.
  5. I have bought about 100 optical drives in my day.....prolly 90 of em were Plextors ..... 8 outta the other 10 wound up making me angry.
  6. If you need the space then go with the Plextor, otherwise it is slow (although quiet) and expensive.

    If you need a normal, fast, reliable and cheap drive go with the Pioneer.
  7. Personally, I like the Sony optiarcs, and LG drives. I've had great luck with both. I've got a LG securdisc that will read discs that none of my other drives will.

    On the other hand, I've had terrible luck with Pioneer.
  8. I bought a Pioneer 4x DVD-R burner a long time ago and it did last me maybe 4 years. Every burn was reliable. I find Plextor and Pioneer to be the best drives on the market right now but the absolute worst drives known to man from me and good friends of mine would be LG. I remember buying a sata drive from LG and every disc that i burned had 2cm gaps of different colors, at first i thought it was my media but after troubleshooting it and burning different media at slower speeds it turned out to be the drive. Swapped it out for a new one and that problem was gone but the new one died after an approximate 4 month usage.
  9. darkguset said:
    If you need the space then go with the Plextor, otherwise it is slow (although quiet) and expensive.
    If you need a normal, fast, reliable and cheap drive go with the Pioneer.

    hm thanks, i think the plextor won't worth it, i don't want to pay £60 if i can get a reliable pioneer for 20,i will go for the Pioneer.
    LG Liteon and Samsung died-on-the-go
  10. damian86 said:
    hm thanks, i think the plextor won't worth it, i don't want to pay £60 if i can get a reliable pioneer for 20,i will go for the Pioneer.
    LG Liteon and Samsung died-on-the-go


    Wise choice!
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Writers DVD RW Burner Storage