NF4 SLI-DR Ultra Red Light Codes!?

tweedz

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
Hello,

I have a socket 939 NF4 SLI-DR Ultra mobo and have recently come across an issue with it.

I put all of my hardware into a new case and have since been able to get a monitor signal.

I get no beeps whatsoever.

I have it setup exactly how it was before just in a new case and have had it running stable for months.

Iv'e searched forever and have been unable to find the red light codes for this mobo.

When i go to boot i get 3 out of a possible 4 red lights.

i checked to make sure the spu was seated properly checked the ram. made sure the 4-pin connector was plugged in.

i am running a 20 pin as well and realise that this mobo can support 24 but neither of my power supplies have it nor has it needed it for months. its a 3700+ 8600gt and 2gb ocz

tweedz

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
someone from another forum said. 3 leds on = cpu detected OK

which doesnt make sense i woudl imagine all the lights would be either on or off. ive never paid attention to it

Diagnostic LEDs.
4 LEDs on = Power applied

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK
2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK
1 LED. on = VGA has been detected OK
0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

is the list they gave me. i cant think of anything else to try. everything powers up its just my monitor wont get a signal from the vid card

does it matter if you use the top or bottom sli port?

also its a 8600gt so it doesnt require a power plug

tweedz

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
i got home from work today. tried to boot pc. and it booted rightup.

now the mobo shows one led which means it hasnt quite booted to the os according to the list above.

reason being, my hdd's are now not receiving power? what could be a cause of this?