Help connecting new graphic card and psu

ro529

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Well I just bought a Sapphire x1650 pro AGP graphic card and a new psu and i got questions with connecting it to my computer.
I have a old HP pavilion 9900 customer config pc with athlon 1.2 Gh.
The new graphic card requires i connect it to the psu and the C hard drive, which my old one didnt. Well i connect it to the psu and c drive but i had to unplug a connector that went from the c drive to my 2nd hard drive but everthing seems to be working, but im not sure if its thats ok and would like some answers. Also my new psu, which i have not installed yet does not have a 3 pin connector for the motherboard. From what i gather from the internet is that the 3pin connector in the mobo is for the psu fan to work, but would like a more concrete answer, and i was wondering if i can just go ahead and installed the new psu with no 3pin connection. Thanks for the replies and let me know if ya need more info!

rdb

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
You should not have to do anything but plug the card into the AGP slot, and install the drivers. I just put a 1650 pro into my son's computer and the fan works from the power from the agp. What are you plugging into the HD from the vid card? Unless you have something that I have never seen, there is nothing to plug into the HD from the vid card.

ro529

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
The card came with a cable that has 3 connectors, 1 which hooks up to the card itself and the other two which i hooked up to the psu and c drive. The card i got is the Sapphire radeon x1650 pro AGP from newegg.com btw.