my game freeze s. any solutions?

hello,
Mmy game coh played fine for the first 14 levels.
then i had comp probs and reinstalled winxp.

all viruses have been scanned.

the game is now constantly freezing up after about 20 min and when i
join my group and enter mission or right when i get to area of team.
it freezes up then crashes top desktop
I uninstalled then reinstalled game

running a cable conection.

p 11 1ghz cpu with around 500 mgs ram
geoforce 2

why wont it work now? even after reinstalliung the game?

thank you please help
patrick
elfkar2001@yaho.com
6 answers Last reply
More about game freeze solutions
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    up your ram to 1 GB
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Your best practice would be to go to the CoH forums at
    http://boards.cityofheroes.com and post on their tech forum. They'll
    want to take a look at you DXDiags as well as a hijack this! log.

    There's a known issue called a 'looping sound crash', but I haven't
    experienced it.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    it ran fine for a long time asnd i am running in safe mode, it runs
    smooth but suddenly crashes. it all started after iu reinstalled game
    and now caNNOT GET IT TO WORK
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    <elfkar2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > hello,
    > Mmy game coh played fine for the first 14 levels.
    > then i had comp probs and reinstalled winxp.
    >
    > all viruses have been scanned.
    >
    > the game is now constantly freezing up after about 20 min and when i
    > join my group and enter mission or right when i get to area of team.
    > it freezes up then crashes top desktop
    > I uninstalled then reinstalled game
    >
    > running a cable conection.
    >
    > p 11 1ghz cpu with around 500 mgs ram
    > geoforce 2
    >
    > why wont it work now? even after reinstalliung the game?

    You are hitting the minimum platform for running CoH. You may juse need a
    better machine, sorry to say.

    Try running CoH in "safe mode" and see what happens.

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 32 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 26 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    Pulsar Staraven (F), Level 18 Controller (Grav/Rad), Liberty
    NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    lmpact (F), Level 17 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    Lemon Tree (F), Level 17 Scrapper (Spine/Invuln), Liberty
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 14 Controller (Mind/Empthy), Triumph
    Faraday Facade (F), Level 14 Controller (Illusion/Forcefield), Justice
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    elfkar2001@yahoo.com looked up from reading the entrails of the porn
    spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

    >it ran fine for a long time asnd i am running in safe mode, it runs
    >smooth but suddenly crashes. it all started after iu reinstalled game
    >and now caNNOT GET IT TO WORK

    Just a thought, but considering how MS sets up defaults...
    DO you have a swapfile set, and is it big enough (if fixed size) or does
    it have enough room to expand (if windows controlled)?

    Another thought, though it should make no difference:
    Try running in windowed mode.

    Xocyll
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On 16 Sep 2005 15:21:19 -0700, <elfkar2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > it ran fine for a long time asnd i am running in safe mode, it runs
    > smooth but suddenly crashes. it all started after iu reinstalled game
    > and now caNNOT GET IT TO WORK

    Did this reinstall happen around the same time as Issue 5 was released?
    Because I have found that the game uses more resources for each new
    issue. On my machine it simply runs a little slower, but on a low-end
    machine I can easily see it stop working at all.

    The fact that it takes 20 minutes makes it seem like either overheating or
    a memory leak. If you try to disconnect after 15 minutes, then start the
    game again immediately and play more, you should find out. If it is
    overheating, it will crash after 5 more minutes. If it is a memory leak,
    it should last 20 new minutes.

    good sign." -G

Games Video Games