Keyboard - pressing more than 2 keys "sticks"

hot_bobs

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
Hello

The new keyboard I have will only let me press 2 buttons at once. Any more than this and it will "forget" the first one pressed. This makes most games and even typing quickly problematic. My old keyboard (ps/2) would allow 3 keys before getting stuck which I had just about adapted to.

Strangely enough, the newer the keyboard, the less buttons it allows to be pressed! Progress! :)

I would appreciate an explanation as to why this happens as I haven't had much success looking on the internet - any links are wellcome. Even better would be a fix but I expect it is related to the hardware itself. Guessing I will have to buy a(nother) new keyboard...

The keyboard in question is a cheap USB effort and it has to be USB as my motherboard doesn't support PS/2. My old keyboards have been cheap and nasty but at least they worked!

Thanks.

deee12

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
I think I may have that same problem...I have a basic logitech i touch keyboard usb and in games I find that my players movement with lock up unless I remove my finger from key and reapply this only happens when im pressing several keys at once..I never noticed this before I began using the intellimouse optical mouse. Is there some way I can fix this without getting rid of keyboard or mouse I really like both of them other than this problem ?

hot_bobs

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
I don't think the mouse is the problem as I have used two different mice with this system and the keyboard behaves the same.