Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

could you help me on the final build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 16, 2008 10:27:26 PM

okay I think I have finally finished my new and first PC build, thanks to all that has replied to my earlier posts and for helping me. Okay:
Processor
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4

RAM
mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Video Card
GIGABYTE GV-R485-512H-B Radeon HD 4850

Power Supply
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V

Case
Antec Nine Hundred

Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM

CD-Drive
ASUS DRW-2014L1T

Okay thats what I have so far, please let me know what you think about it.

I plan on using the PC for gaming (at 1280x1024 resolution) and internet use, I was also thinking of changing the Q9550 to the Q6600 to save some money but get a better Video Card.

Thanks for reading my post and I hope to hear from you Thanks!

More about : final build

August 16, 2008 10:50:11 PM

Yes, for game play you will get more by getting the less expensive PSU to enable you to purchase a faster graphics card - I recommend the 4870 for about $100 more. It will also make for a nice crossfire should you decide to add another card later.

But when you start a new thread instead of continue your old one, you deprive reviewers of the opportunity to see all the discuss and decisions that lead up to your current build plan - to understand what and why you have already changed your system or accepted or rejected other options.
August 16, 2008 11:04:53 PM

yeah, i would recommend investing more money in getting a better video card and a better case which will help the system run cooler. Cut down on the processor, get something that is mid ranged and then overclock it. Try getting the antec twelve hundred case, and a ATI 4870/gtx 260. You can save more money by getting an ocz power supply and a little cheaper processor.
antec twelve hundred on eBay = 174 free shipping
Intel q6600 for 189 newegg.com..they are very good overclockers

Related resources
August 17, 2008 12:02:15 AM

rockyjohn said:
Yes, for game play you will get more by getting the less expensive PSU to enable you to purchase a faster graphics card - I recommend the 4870 for about $100 more. It will also make for a nice crossfire should you decide to add another card later.

But when you start a new thread instead of continue your old one, you deprive reviewers of the opportunity to see all the discuss and decisions that lead up to your current build plan - to understand what and why you have already changed your system or accepted or rejected other options.

If he downgrades on the PSU he wont have enough power to upgrade to Crossfire in the future.
August 17, 2008 12:05:56 AM

Its a very good Configuration.

Instead of getting a Quad Core get a Dual Core. The E8400 is a very good CPU and Overclocks Very well. Unless your playing Crysis or Flight Sim X that Quad Core won't be taken advantage of. You could save yourself 150+ bucks by getting a E8400 and Upgrading the Graphics card to a 4870 or 4870X2.
August 17, 2008 5:04:46 AM

joelg88 said:
If he downgrades on the PSU he wont have enough power to upgrade to Crossfire in the future.


Here is a good solid PSU an OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI 600w PSU at $60 or $40 and 40% less than other that provides enough power for crossfire.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
August 17, 2008 3:52:57 PM

rockyjohn said:
Here is a good solid PSU an OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI 600w PSU at $60 or $40 and 40% less than other that provides enough power for crossfire.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Yea that OCZ is a good Power supply for a very low price. But I dont think that would be enough power to power 2 4870's in Xfire. But maybe im wrong. But I know 4870's need quite a bit of juice. So I dont think 600w is enough.
August 18, 2008 6:54:07 AM

dont get the bloody antec 1200.... sigh fanboys...

coolermaster RC-690 is fine, and it looks great.
i would recommend a 4850 personally and i second the Q6600.
August 18, 2008 9:33:50 AM

V3NOM said:
dont get the bloody antec 1200.... sigh fanboys...

coolermaster RC-690 is fine, and it looks great.
i would recommend a 4850 personally and i second the Q6600.


lol...i am not a fan boy, i have a have a lian li full tower case....in the past i have had coolermaster stacker 810 cases......i dont even have an antec powersupply; i have an ocz 700 watt ps. As a matter of fact i dont own any antec products....am i clear to you?...maybe not but the point is that i recommended antec 1200 because of 2 reasons......its cheaper than lian li's full towers....and it comes with great cooling option for under 200 (in full tower catagory)



Also it doesn't matter what i say its the buyers decision how he wants to spend his money. Its their hard earned money not mine. :) 
!