control ur 4870 fan speed

That's not true. You should take a look at the reviews. There are quite a few inre to nvidia cards........ no bias there.

http://www.hardocp.com/reviews.html?cat=MyxHUFUgLyBWaWRlbyBDYXJkcyxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

And by the way....... Tom's is one of the worst fanboy sites on the web........... unfortunately the fanboys don't see it.

That only follows as to their mind numbing, as pertaining to their concepts in benchmarking. Read everything in their articles, havnt read one where ATI hasnt taken a hit in some way or another, even in superior situations. Ive lost my respect for them, and itll take more than something like this to get me to look their way now that ATI is on top.

qwertycopter

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
I tried this on my VisionTek 4870 with CCC 8.8 and set my fan to 40%. I later deleted the profile because it was too loud for me. I rebooted and the fan spun back up to 40% and stayed there.. but the profile was gone. Rebooted several more times with the same result. I fixed it by creating a new profile where I changed the fan throttle back to "automatic" in the XML file and loaded the profile. Then I deleted this new profile and rebooted and now it's back to its normal throttling.

Seems the default XML file remembered the settings even after the profile was deleted.