XFX 790i ultra p07 bios problem

Okay, so I've got a big problem since I bought this computer that I thought was going to be pretty awesome and still give me room to upgrade later but now won't do crap. Let me first tell you what i got then I'll explain the problem.

>xfx 790i ultra
>intel q6600
>Patriot PC3 10666 DDR3 (7-7-7-20 1333)
>Two xfx 8600gt XXX

Everything was running good. It would only freeze every once in a while. However, it would always freeze if I tried to benchmark. Nforce tools would never let me overclock or underclock. All this was before I tried to update the bios.

I figured updating would fix these problems. So i burnt a CD and updated to p07 basically from the original bios. Immediately after that when windows would get to the desktop it would freeze. It has freezed everytime since then. I have adjusted the voltages, no change. I even flashed back to the original bois. Still freezes.

XFX told me I should reload windows and see if that fixes the problem. But I hate to loose everything I got and also I can't just go spend 80 bucks on a new hard drive just to see if that's the problem. Someone please shine some light on this situation.
2 answers Last reply
More about 790i ultra bios problem
  1. I just Update my xfx 790i ultra sli with the po7 bios and everything is fine everything boot up fine... what xfx told you is to re-format your hard drive you dont have to buy a new hard drive...
    if you are i recommend 300gb velociraptor...

XfX 790i Ultra Sli Motherboard
    OCZ, 4GB (2 x 2GB) Platinum Edition PC3-16000 DDR3 2000MHz CL (9-9-9-28) 1.9V SDRAM DIMM
    Ultra Products ULT-33186 ChillTec Thermo Electric CPU Cooler
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz overclock to 3.8ghz
    2x XFX 280 GTX XXX Edition
    1100 Watts APEVIA WARLOCK POWER SUPPLY
    300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor
    Windows Xp SP3
  2. Actually last week they told me to send it in. So I might have got a bad board.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Motherboards