Sign in with
Your question

Internet Explorer 9 Beta,...Try or avoid?

Last response: in Windows XP
January 14, 2011 6:26:15 PM

Anybody here have experience with IE 9 Beta?

I'm still using IE 7 mostly because of the way I like the Favorites or Bookmark management. I tried IE8 but didn't like it.

How is the favorites or bookmark section of IE9?

Other pluses or minuses with IE 9?

Thoughts and experience with IE9?

I also have Opera, Google Chrome and Firefox available but am not sure I like them, although Chrome seems faster than IE 7 which seems to be a resource hog. For some reason I don't like Firefox so much either. Weird huh? It's the little things that make us picky. Maybe its just use or familiarity.

Thanks.

More about : internet explorer beta avoid

January 14, 2011 7:36:47 PM

Thanks Khubani, I'll check em out.
m
l
Related resources
January 15, 2011 1:10:17 AM

If you're on XP, IE 9 won't work for you anyway... so the question is moot.
m
l
January 15, 2011 1:15:13 AM

Thanks Zoron, Master Of The Universe,...I didn't know that. I'll be moving to W7P64 soon when I do a new build.
m
l
January 15, 2011 4:58:28 PM

Then IE9 would be worth a try. I'm running the 64-bit version with the 64-bit alpha of Flash and it actually works well. There are some glitches with some websites... but that's to be expected with a beta. MS is working (apparently) to make this their most standards-compliant browser yet... so let's hope they stick to it.
m
l
January 16, 2011 2:49:48 AM

Thanks Dadiggle.

Have you also tried Chrome or Opera? What do you think of them?
m
l
January 16, 2011 3:56:02 PM

Thanks again for the good information and education dadiggle. Very informative. Yes IE 7 which I'm still using can be a resource hog and SLOW. Maybe I should give Firefox another try.

I've been thinking of getting password software.

Cheers, and thanks again.

m
l
January 16, 2011 5:14:51 PM

Thanks again. Will get back to you later on down the line after new build sometime in the future.
m
l
January 23, 2011 2:09:49 AM

Best answer selected by garyhope.
m
l
January 27, 2011 1:45:14 PM

For all the criticism of IE for being "unsafe"... I've never had an issue. The most integral part of computer safety is between the keyboard and the chair; if the user is unsafe, then the browser won't matter. I'm not denying that security may be a problem with IE, I'm just saying that I've never had a problem with my computer that I could trace to using it.

To each their own, however. I just think it's a false sense of security. People bring in computers all the time that have fake AVs despite the fact they have a decent anti-virus already installed / running. They make the mistake of assuming they're completely protected when in reality they aren't. Using Firefox may make you "safer"... but it's definately not infallible.
m
l
!