Nvidia hit with lawsuit over bad graphics chips (Shocking)

thunderman

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
This is not good for Nvidia...not good at all. Not only is Nvidia being eaten up by AMD currently..now Nvidia is being exposed for evil business practices that would make Intel Jealous.

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=49864

A lawsuit filed in a California court on Tuesday alleged Nvidia violated U.S. securities laws and concealed the existence of a serious defect in its graphics-chip line for at least eight months "in a series of false and misleading statements made to the investing public."

The lawsuit charged that Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang and CFO Marvin Burkett knew as early as November 2007 about a flaw that exists in the packaging used with some of the company's graphics chips that caused them to fail at unusually high rates.

Highlighting the seriousness of the charges laid against Nvidia, the lawsuit said Hewlett-Packard issued a BIOS update to mitigate the chip problem eight months before Nvidia revealed its existence to investors. Nvidia and computer makers have used BIOS updates that cause system fans to run more often in an attempt to reduce heat stress on the affected chips and prevent them from failing

Nvidia suffering huge losses!! AMD ATI taking market share!! Bankrupcy for Nvidia??????

AMD4Life!!

Some quotes from Terry Pratchett:

'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.' -- in Eric
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind. -- in Reaper Man
'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' -- in Maskerade

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I posted a similar thread about the GPU's being bad about a month ago. All the Nvidia Fanboys whined...whined..and still are whining. They said that it was all FUD. It doesn't appear to be that way now. Stop being a Fanboy, if a person fabricated a story that a line of a company's product is bad, you can believe there will be some action. Look at what happened to Gigabyte when they were saying Asus's EPU didn't work properly. They almost got sued. Once more, stop being a Fanboy. My last system was AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU. Now its Intel and ATI

wingmaster

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Well its Nvidia's fault anyway as they chose to go public, remember thier first card that didnt do so well 5800 the leaf blower, I believe that was right after they went public and offered stock. A company shouldn't have to answer to anyone for money spent on research and development. They didnt need any help from stock for thier voodoo killer Geforce256 remember that card anyone thats old like me will lol.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I found it interesting for a sec, but when you shouted out AMD4life made me loose all sense in the article and just makes me want to spite you for some reason. If you want to be taken seriously don't edge towards fanboyism, other wise people will take your facts about as serious as the world takes a criminal.

Sorry if that was rude, but I hate fanboyism, it leads to misguided answers and screws up peoples choices.

I love my GX2 quads, but I don't try to push em on other people with out having evidence of benchmarks, and I don't single them out from the rest of the choices.

So I'll end with this

AMD/Nvidia/What ever company will come out next FOR life, if you make your cards cheap and good!!!!!!

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008

+1

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

EPU's performance and stability problems due to unstable power have been confirmed by third party benchmarkers. If Asus sues, they'll lose, and the media exposure of EPU being officially failing will do no good for their business. That's why they didn't sue, it's not because they were too nice. :na:
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1348/4/gigabyte_des_and_asus_epu_tested/index.html

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
AMD are the masters of the universe?
Intel is the evil empire?

Death to intel!!
Let AMD rule once again!!

Oh wait... never mind, this time around this thunderman thread isn't about intel :p

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
Hey, I am an Intel & nVidia fan. Have been for a long time.

But I am also a realist. I need a strong AMD to keep from having to pay $5000 for a Pentinum II .... our current high performance CPU.

doomturkey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
As funny as it sounds... I think we have a poser thunderman on our hands. Notice how this "thunderman" is only a member, and has no picture related to AMD under his name.
WE WANT THE REAL THUNDERMAN!
Also notice how he joined only about a year ago.