Sign in with
Your question

Can't overclock Q6600 on Asus P5Q board

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2009 4:37:43 AM

Hi, I've been trying to overclock my cpu forever and I can't get it to work.

The problem is, I can't touch anything with CPU in it, for example when I want to change my CPU ratio, it doesn't change, it just stays at auto. And when I want to change the FSB speed, I try to click it but nothing happens and it stays on auto.

Please someone help, It's so damn frustrating. I've been trying for atleast a week now and I haven't gotten anywhere.
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2009 6:28:45 AM

Quote:
I try to click it but nothing happens and it stays on auto.
The mouse doesn't work in BIOS ... keyboard only.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2009 1:26:13 PM

CompuTronix said:
The mouse doesn't work in BIOS ... keyboard only.

If someone haven't figured that out, then they have no business in overclocking.

What I'm saying, even when I tap enter, the value doesn't change, it stays at auto.

Anyway, if that was your idea of a joke, you have a very dry sense of humor.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2009 2:59:28 PM

No joke ... it actually happens, and we can't overlook the obvious. No disrespect intended.

Have you read the P5Q's manual?

Have you flashed the BIOS?
October 23, 2009 4:52:04 PM

AI Overclock Tuner set to manual? And you have type in FSB value manually, there is no drop-down menu with frequencies to choose from.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2009 10:30:16 PM

MaDMagik said:
AI Overclock Tuner set to manual? And you have type in FSB value manually, there is no drop-down menu with frequencies to choose from.

I have tried that but nothing happens ;_;

anyway, I flashed the BIOS and it seems to work now, only problem is I can't get the right amount, I'll keep trying till I figure that out.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
October 24, 2009 7:06:50 AM

hmmmmmmm if you cant figure small things like this i would advise against overclocking your system
!