Can't overclock Q6600 on Asus P5Q board

Hi, I've been trying to overclock my cpu forever and I can't get it to work.

The problem is, I can't touch anything with CPU in it, for example when I want to change my CPU ratio, it doesn't change, it just stays at auto. And when I want to change the FSB speed, I try to click it but nothing happens and it stays on auto.

Please someone help, It's so damn frustrating. I've been trying for atleast a week now and I haven't gotten anywhere.
6 answers Last reply
More about overclock q6600 asus board
  1. Quote:
    I try to click it but nothing happens and it stays on auto.
    The mouse doesn't work in BIOS ... keyboard only.
  2. CompuTronix said:
    The mouse doesn't work in BIOS ... keyboard only.

If someone haven't figured that out, then they have no business in overclocking.

What I'm saying, even when I tap enter, the value doesn't change, it stays at auto.

Anyway, if that was your idea of a joke, you have a very dry sense of humor.
  3. No joke ... it actually happens, and we can't overlook the obvious. No disrespect intended.

Have you read the P5Q's manual?

Have you flashed the BIOS?
  4. AI Overclock Tuner set to manual? And you have type in FSB value manually, there is no drop-down menu with frequencies to choose from.
  5. MaDMagik said:
    AI Overclock Tuner set to manual? And you have type in FSB value manually, there is no drop-down menu with frequencies to choose from.

I have tried that but nothing happens ;_;

anyway, I flashed the BIOS and it seems to work now, only problem is I can't get the right amount, I'll keep trying till I figure that out.
  6. hmmmmmmm if you cant figure small things like this i would advise against overclocking your system
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Asus CPUs