Help with PFN_list_Corrupt

Redpizzi

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Please can anyone help me

I have a problem with my computer so i shall start at the begining
I use Windows Vista

i downloaded a program, and when in installed it i recieved loads of virus, my virus scanner got rid of them, and then started getting lots of pop up, more virus, spyware and everything, so i decided to format my computer. but before i formatted the computer, i deceided to install the last bios update though dos.

The Bios update went good, logged into windows, still the same problem with the virus and spyware, so i decieded to install windows again.

Halfway though installing vista(fresh Copy) i got the BSOD
PFN-LIST_CORRUPT

All BSOD people say run memtest, which i did and all came out ok, no problems, then i started running Windows Vista setup again, this time i got the BSOD message saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

So i turned the computer off over night and this morning when i tried to re-install vista i get the same message as the first time
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

so i started by taking the ram out and testing one at a time. not change
then i took the Harddrives out one at a time.
Still not change..

the only thing that i have noticed it, when i take a piece of hardware out and the Post screen says F1 to change or Enter to use default, when i press F1 and check to make sure the Bios is all set up right and i press Save and exit, my computer shuts down, waits 2 seconds and then turns on. not like a normal reset.

Please can anyone help

Redpizzi

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Jus in the process of using Active Kill to wipe my hard drive to make sure they is nothing left behind that is messing up the install..
Other than that i am lost to know what is wrong.

Redpizzi

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
New problem
After i run the Active Kill program, then i come in re-install windows again,m i get the error Ntfs.sys Adress 816A5C8B base at 81602000 Datestamp 47918a96

Something bad i wrong