Athlon II X4 620 OC help?

Tags:
  • AMD
  • Overclocking
  • Motherboards
  • Software
Last response: in Overclocking
October 23, 2009 1:55:13 PM

Hi Guys.I have Athlon II X2 620 on M2N68-AM PLUS motherboard.So from which software I should overclock my processor and by how much ensuring safety and stability.

More about : athlon 620

a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2009 5:00:17 AM

I'd say off the bat "within the BIOS", but I suggest you read the Overclocking sticky guide in this section.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2009 4:30:06 PM

bios/clockgen keep an eye on temps mind u
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2009 6:56:32 PM

With that processor I have it clocked to 3.29GHz on stock cooling an voltage. Temperature don't go past 50C on prime95. It's stable. You WILL want to check stability as you overclock don't just see what others have overclocked stable to and assume yours will be stable too. So, you can expect to go to at least 3.2GHz stable. Your board is similar to my M3N78-VM.

And yes just use the bios to overclock.
m
l
December 29, 2009 2:18:15 AM

I have this Processor too, but with a biostar TA790gx a3+ mobo. I can't get the clock past 240. I tried increasing he voltage, but windows refuses to boot. Is there something I'm missing? all I adjust is the CPU voltage and the clock. do I need to adjust anything else?
m
l
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
December 29, 2009 4:32:23 AM

amantonas said:
I have this Processor too, but with a biostar TA790gx a3+ mobo. I can't get the clock past 240. I tried increasing he voltage, but windows refuses to boot. Is there something I'm missing? all I adjust is the CPU voltage and the clock. do I need to adjust anything else?

Try reducing your hypertransport multiplier, your north bridge multiplier or your ram multiplier to bring each as close to stock speed as possible.
m
l
!