Extreme II & i7 920

Last response: in Overclocking
October 24, 2009 12:36:58 PM

Hi all,

I recently bought a package deal containing:

Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz
Asus Rampage II Extreme Intel X58 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz DDR3

It came with an auto overclocking of 4.00GHz and has been running smoothly for the last 2 months

I took the PC apart to the move it over to a new case (never removed the CPU or RAM from the mobo)

Everything booted up but it came up with an error message saying "overclocking failed". So I went into the BIOS to reload default values and now everythings working again.

Now I want to boost it up again but there is no BCLK option to change in the BIOS, only the ratio and various voltage options. Any ideas?

More about : extreme 920

a b K Overclocking
October 25, 2009 10:30:51 PM

google is thy friend try looking for a overclocking based review they should help alot
a b K Overclocking
October 26, 2009 1:20:01 AM

1) That mobo may have the BIOS it was delivered to you with in a backup storage area. Check your mobo manual (download it if you don't have it) and see how to access any BIOS that might have been saved.

2) You say "auto overclocking" - maybe the software that came with the mobo was used to overclock it? Tweak-It or some such? Again, check your manual.

3) Call the folks who "auto overclocked" it. They should have provided the settings or saved the BIOS or told you the methodology because this crap happens all the time.
!