Computer Hope Wrote:
" 1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on the System icon.
3. In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab.
4. In Advanced click the Settings button under the Performance section.
5. In the Performance Options window scroll down to "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" and uncheck the option and click Ok.
6. Once completed you should no longer have the drop shadow."
i hav the same problem "blue shadow under desktop icons" i do this as u suggested bt my problem dint solve..........