e5200 temperature

I couldn't find a thread on this topic through searching. Google revealed a mix bag of results...

So, what are good ranges for E5200 temperatures in idle/load and also for at stock speed vs overclocked. I am currently at 38-40* idle and 51-52* load with stock speeds and using Core Temp to monitor and Prime 95 to stress. My mobo is a Gigabyte EP35-DS3L and I am using a Xigmatek HDT-S963 that I have reaffixed three times now.

I am planning on OC'ing soon but I am not sure if this is normal. My old E2200 ran a cool 28* idle, however some places I read say the E5200 has higher idle but lower load and the temperature diodes are inaccurate... I am unsure so I thought I'd ask you professionals.

Thanks fellas.
10 answers Last reply
More about e5200 temperature
  1. That seems fairly high. What is your ambient temperature? I have a Q6600 overclocked to 3.2GHz cooled by a TRUe and I see mid 30's idle low 50's under load. At stock (again assuming low 20's ambient), you should be seeing mid to high 20's and low to mid 40's for loaded.
  2. That does seem high. Make sure that the tjunction max is properly calibrated.
  3. ya that is a bit hot for that CPU my E8400 runs 40C under full load for 12 hrs so try to lower voltage too it might be overvloted right now
  4. The CPU is running at 1.2 volts and only 11.5 multiplier at the moment. How would I check that Tjunction is calibrated properly? CoreTemp reads TJmax as 105*, so I am quite a ways away.

Still, I am reading some mixed reviews again that the CPU should be in the mid 20s... but if my load temps are in the low 50s should I still be okay? This is annoying... could I have warped the board with the stupid push pin contacts so it isn't flush anymore? I am clueless.
  5. RussianCarl said:
    I couldn't find a thread on this topic through searching. Google revealed a mix bag of results...

So, what are good ranges for E5200 temperatures in idle/load and also for at stock speed vs overclocked. I am currently at 38-40* idle and 51-52* load with stock speeds and using Core Temp to monitor and Prime 95 to stress. My mobo is a Gigabyte EP35-DS3L and I am using a Xigmatek HDT-S963 that I have reaffixed three times now.

I am planning on OC'ing soon but I am not sure if this is normal. My old E2200 ran a cool 28* idle, however some places I read say the E5200 has higher idle but lower load and the temperature diodes are inaccurate... I am unsure so I thought I'd ask you professionals.

Thanks fellas.

My e5200 with same mobo as yours and with Arctic Cooler pro 7 runs at 19 idle, 28-34 full load. I am going to oc a little bit.
  6. So what is the deal? Are all the E5200 chips the same or did I get one with faulty temperature settings. I don't think getting mid to high 20s idle should be this hard. Seems everyone on this board and NewEgg think the E5200 should run about as hot as my old E2200, but still there are people reporting the exact same ranges that I am.

I am almost certain heatsink is on properly... I had to fiddle with this model in my original CPU and found out the best way to apply the grease and mount it on. Is it possible that maybe all the pushpins aren't pressed down and it isn't make good contact? Should I try switching out to the stock HSF to see if that makes a difference?

Also, my BIOS did read CPU as 28-29* Celsius with System temperature at 30-31*. It seems to me that these should be more separated?
  7. Real temp reads my temperature at 32/33 with distance to TJ Max 62/63. I guess this is okay? I'd really like to be in the 20s but that seems impossible. Perhaps in a few weeks when my AS5 cures it will be lower.

I don't think I used too much thermal paste... the first time it leaked out a little bit which I've never done before, but the last 2 applications were pretty darn perfect... spread out completely over the contact area of the CPU and not too thick.

I did check to make sure all the clips were locked down and the white ends of the pushpins were locked through the mobo. Would it be worthwhile to get one of the backplates that you can screw in instead of push? Push pins are the devil I say. And one last thing... I did read somewhere that if I change the HSF location and rotate it 90* so that the heat pipes go over the heated ares of the C2Duo that it will improve performance? Is this a myth?
  8. Im not sure if you can rotate it or not, I tryed to such that I could align the fan on my AC Freezer7 with the big fan on top of my Antec 900, but the pins didnt seem to line up with the holes anymore. If someone has done this I would love to hear, as I want to turn mine 90 degrees.
  9. I got a question too, i got E5200, just bought it recently, and temperature on it is 47C on core 0 and 32 on core 1, thats when im not using anything, when i started stress test in prime95 the temperature went to ~55C on core 0 and ~38C on core 1. Is that normal? And how high temp is safe for CPU?
    Also My computer case is open, will any fan help to keep temp lower?

thanks

jasheem
  10. Ive just bought a E5200, and a Asus P5QC MB, both the BIOS and Windows utils report running at 25dec C, whereas the MB is at 44! (this is when idle)

I cant believe its so low?

(I am in the middle of debuging a system hang, so cannot be sure this is ok or not)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Temperature