What's the best thermal compund ?

V01

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
By the way, has anyone seen a thermalright 120 for 1366 socket on sale yet?.
Just preparing my new rig. First upgrade in 2,5 years.

Regards.

G

after a review... can't find it now.... and several benchmarks... yes benchmarks...

this is the best

TIM Consultants T-C Grease 0098

and the second best is OCZ Freeze... look it up reviews and benchmarks and you'll see Arctic Silver 5 is often the worst performer in the line of high-end pastes... so don't recommend AS 5 for the best performance

The new lga socket 1366... just by a thermalright ultra 120 extreme... they have said numerous times they'll release a back plate and mounting kit for the new socket when its out... not before

cow_moo

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
ya OCZ freeze is good stuff dude much better than artic silver crap that everyone likes for some odd reason

Vegemite is not good.

I use AS5 ... but I agree that the OCZ Freeze looks very good.

DaSickNinja is a bit of an expert on this subject ... alas he has not been around much. If you find a link that mentions him please read it.

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Yeh, i looks good, i got some diamond stuff, havent tried it yet, theoretically the best, I dont like the comment the one guy made in the reviews about the liquid metal, that it was electrically conductive and could cause a short if misapplied. Also ridiculously expensive

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007

Looks like good ****, can I get that in the uk anywhere?

G

actually wouldn't the best thermal compound be welding of the core/silicon to the heatsink/waterblock... that would work much better than any compound :D

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
they dont name the metal, but it cant more conductive than silver and nowhere close to diamond. Looking at a a review it comes in second to Shin Etsu. It beats the others by only one or two degrees. Hardly worth the price. Just hype.

G

look it up... try typing into google... coollaboratory liquid pro review

way to use your brain... first effing result brings this up

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?type=3&id=87&page=3&desc=battle_of_the_goop_-_thermal_paste_comparison

which on the following several pages clearly demonstrates its much better than the other compounds... it doesn't matter if it is less heat conducive than silver... theres more METAL in between it so the transference is greater... in arctic silver there isn't enough to really transfer heat as if it were just a solid block of metal...

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
look it up... try typing into google... coollaboratory liquid pro review

way to use your brain... first effing result brings this up

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?type=3&id=87&page=3&desc=battle_of_the_goop_-_thermal_paste_comparison

which on the following several pages clearly demonstrates its much better than the other compounds... it doesn't matter if it is less heat conducive than silver... theres more METAL in between it so the transference is greater... in arctic silver there isn't enough to really transfer heat as if it were just a solid block of metal...

I was asking him to provide a link to the review he was refering to - not just any review. Will google magically provide a link to that using magic powers? If so, I do apologise.

Your first effing result is obviously not the one as the compound comes in first

G

What i completely understand your response except for the last part of the last sentence...

"...not the one as the compound comes in first" explain this then i can respond to your response :p