How to keep Dust out of PC??

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Is there a way to stop dust comming into the computer, i find alot of dust comes in and stops fans etc working as well, is there a way that it can be limited/stopped?

Points of entrance would be Fans, PCI expansion slots, and air ..."holes"

are there products to stop dust and would they have a big effect on air circulation?

thanks

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
Lol.
That skin thing is an urban myth though but seriously dust is just one of them things.
There are air filters though.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
no, i believe the shedding skin part. my computer, the place i by far spend the most time in any place of the house, gathers some insane amount of dust in like 2 days... in like a week you can see a layer building up.

but yeah, as long as you have airflow in your computer, you'll have dust.
simple remedies include getting a really fine mesh [gluck finding them] and placing them over the fans... you can find some on frozencpu.com i think

the pci expansion slots, if its jsut an empty slot, put some tape over it lol.
any unused holes or cavities, just put some tape over it. no matter what you can't stop dust from coming in unless it gets really close to being air tight

O0O i just realized 100% guarantee to keep your computer dust free...SUBMERGE IT IN MINERAL OIL!!!! lol if you don't have a good circulation, your computer should overheat in a few hours... =[ lol

xnem3s1sx

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008

Heat rises, cools, and falls, so it won't overheat, but as for the dust thing, don't ever... ever put fine mesh over your fans. In professional audio they use fine metal mesh as pop filters because they stop air without stopping sound, my case dropped about 7 degrees when I took of the metal mesh.