How do I create an Icon

September 1, 2005 11:18:00 PM

I would like to create an icon for my desktop to cover a shortcut I already
have
How do I do that?

Easy instructions please, although not completely a beginner not expeienced
in creating things myself.

Thanks

More about : create icon

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 8:34:33 AM

Make a bitmap in paint. To not waste MBs of memory make it 32 x 32 rather than a full size photo. If using a dialog to set the icon you'll need to rename it to an ico file (but it's only dialogs that care - windows doesn't)

"Maggsmcg" <maggsmcg@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:e2J54FyrFHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I would like to create an icon for my desktop to cover a shortcut I already
> have
> How do I do that?
>
> Easy instructions please, although not completely a beginner not expeienced
> in creating things myself.
>
> Thanks

September 2, 2005 8:34:34 AM

"" wrote:
> Make a bitmap in paint. To not waste MBs of memory make it 32
> x 32 rather than a full size photo. If using a dialog to set
> the icon you'll need to rename it to an ico file (but it's
> only dialogs that care - windows doesn't)

> ------------------------------------
> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> "Maggsmcg" <maggsmcg@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to create an icon for my desktop to cover a
> shortcut I already
> > have
> > How do I do that?
> >
> > Easy instructions please, although not completely a beginner
> not expeienced
> > in creating things myself.
> >
> > Thanks

Actualy, Bitmap format isnt what icons actualy should be, ther is a
special format called "Microsoft Windows Icon" format which alows for
the full 16.8 million colours plus alpha transparancy. mspaint dose
not support this format, this format is strangly similare to gif,
except it supports 16.8 million colours.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-create-Icon-ftopict...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1387757
!