building new pc around my 4850

faethor

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Ok heres the deal I don't want to spend mega bux but i don't want to have to up grade in 2 years either. I have a 4850 card and I need to know what mobos are out there that are quality. I only deal with AMD cpu's. I'm looking into the quad cores b/c it's pointless to save $50 on a duel core when i don't have to. I'm thinking the phenom is the way to go but may be out of my reach at this point depending. The board should be phenom ready though as the cpu upgrade in the future should be an easy step. Also any suggestions on ram is appreciated. I'm starting with 4 gigs 2x2 to start with room to add more later if necessary. I think an 8 gig max on board should be sufficient. Also is the AMD south bridge the same as having an ati chipset or no. As long as it isn't an nvidia chipset i'm happy even though i know you can put an ati card into an nvidia chipset with no issue.

faethor

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
thanx but i have had nothing but bad exp. with intel so therefore i deal only with AMD everyone has there preference. But if i got feedback for intel boards it would do me no good.