Sign in with
Your question

Need Help overclocking E6600 with PW5 DH Deluxe motherboard

Last response: in Overclocking
October 26, 2009 6:17:51 PM

Hello,

I am trying to Overclock my system and it seems that the issue I have is that I can't set the Vcore within the Bios on my Asus PW5 DH Deluxe motherboard.

The option in the Bios is set to Auto and no matter what I do to change it, it still does not allow me to change it from Auto to setting the voltage manually.

If you have this board, is there anything specific I need to do to get this to work? Right now my system is Overlocked from 2.4 ghz to 2.43. Can't go any further without crashing and I believe the VCore is the problem.

Just replaced the Memory with R.Skill DDR2 memory with voltage that can be set as high as 2.1.

Any advice would greatly help.
October 26, 2009 6:38:12 PM

Just to add one more note.

I have done extensive research and read quite a lot of guides including the Newbie guide which is why I upgraded some of the components in my system and which is why I figure the problem that I am facing is with the actual CPU voltage as I have tried everything else.

If anyone else thinks the problem could lie somewhere else, feel free to let me know.

I am just stumped as to why the board won't let me set the voltage manually. It does say to disable C1E and EIST which I do, yet I still can't adjust the voltage from the Auto default.
June 25, 2012 6:34:52 PM

upgrade the bios
in the asus bios there is built in oc setting try 10% first
!