Laptop screen has no picture

Nyankeefan

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
Hey, so im having a problem with my Toshiba P105-S9312 laptop.

For several days now, whenever I started the laptop I would press the power button and all the lights would turn on and I could hear the laptop booting up but nothing shows up on the screen. To fix this I would have to power on/off the laptop several times before it would work.

Today when I tried to start the laptop the same thing happens except no matter how many times I power on/off the laptop it doesnt usually start. Every once in a while if I give up and try again in an hour or so it will work.

I know its not a problem with my screen because I plugged in my PC monitor and the same problem occurs. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help

Nyankeefan

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008

Well I figured I needed one even before this happened but id like to know; whats wrong with it?

Orion1024

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Possibly something wrong with the onboard video...or a bad connection somewhere. The question is, does it boot up completely when it has no video output. It's obviously not the inverter or backlight (those would be the easy ones to fix), so the best you could do is to disassemble the laptop (checking for obvious problems while it's apart), put it back together, and see if that solves the problem. I've actually fixed stuff just by taking it apart and putting it back together. If that don't do it, probably not much else you can do besides a new system board.