Trouble Installing Java

Pyroteknics

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Hi there!

I seem to be having quite an annoying problem with Java recently and does not want to install correctly! This is the error message I receive after trying to update:

[cpp]Downloaded File C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_23\jre1.6.0_23-c-l.msi is corrupt.[/cpp]

Tried to download it again through the Java installer a few times after this to see if it works and still nothing. I have since uninstalled Java from Control Panel and again tried to install, but same problem occurs! I have even found the exact file on the Java website and copied it to said folder and nothing happens (and throws an error if I try and open it) as if it wasn't there.

As a note, I'm using Windows XP 64-bit Professional Edition if that helps at all, and if you need anything else let me know!

Thanks for any help! :)

Pyroteknics

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Uh, I have no idea what has happened but it seems to have finally installed - I think it might have been a conflict with Firefox not closing properly during updating (would have thought it would pop up with a message to close browser?).

Still, glad it's sorted for what seems like such a simple error that I should have recognised sooner - doh! I just hope it doesn't happen again! :??: Hopefully this might help someone else who might have this trouble as well...

TRENDING THREADS