Pointer autoselecting items

If my pointer hovers over a weblink or a program key for more than half a
second it automatically "clicks" or selects that item. How do I disable this
so I have to manually select an item? Thanks.

Download and install Tweak UI.
v2.1 :
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

Start Tweak UI and click X-Mouse (left pane)
In the right pane, disable the following options:
- Activation follows Mouse (X-Mouse)
- Autoraise when activating (optional)
Click OK and close Tweak UI

--