Domino24

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
Just installed my motherboard, hdd, and os. everything is working fine except if i try to play anything i get "No audio device found". Motherboard has onboard audio and case has connected jumpers to front panel. Onboard audio is enabled in bios as well. Any advice?

G

Does it show and audio device with an exclamation point in the Device manager? If so, go to the ECS site and download the newest drivers (IDT 0.95 - 11/27/08) for the onboard sound.

1] Create a folder in C:\Program Files\ name it IDT
2] Extract the contents of the Disk1 folder (within the zip archive) into C:\Program Files\IDT
3] Go into Device Manager, right-click the audio device, select "Update Driver"
4] Select "No, not this time" > Next > "Install from specific location" > Next > "Search for best..." > Check "Include this Location..." > Browse for the "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\(Vista or WinXP)" folder > click OK > Next
5] It should find the drivers and install them.

Hopefully that fixes it...

G

Does it show and audio device with an exclamation point in the Device manager? If so, go to the ECS site and download the newest drivers (IDT 0.95 - 11/27/08) for the onboard sound.

1] Create a folder in C:\Program Files\ name it IDT
2] Extract the contents of the Disk1 folder (within the zip archive) into C:\Program Files\IDT
3] Go into Device Manager, right-click the audio device, select "Update Driver"
4] Select "No, not this time" > Next > "Install from specific location" > Next > "Search for best..." > Check "Include this Location..." > Browse for the "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\(Vista or WinXP)" folder > click OK > Next
5] It should find the drivers and install them.

Hopefully that fixes it...