GF7050VT-M (V1.0) no audio device found

Domino24

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
New build, motherboard, hdd, and black x-force case. Onboard audio is enabled. Jumpers to front panel connected. everything else is working fine. I'm losing my mind after being without my pc for over a year and finally built this one and now have no audio which is essentil to what i use my computer for. can anyone help me with this issue?

Domino24

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
I don't have another computer to try it on.
onboard is enabled.
hd audio is connected and i couldn't find where to plug in ac'97 so it's not connected.
All my drivers are installed as well.
i'm using the hd audio to the front audio outputs but would that keep my computer from actually finding the audio device?

blueflyt

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
I'm also having a similar problem. I just installed this MB on a new build box. Everything works fine...except the onboard audio. If I plug into the front of the box where there is an output jack for audio, it works fine (the cable for that is routed to the F_Audio on the MB). But the jack on the back of the box, which is the integrated audio jack, doesn't work.

lingenfr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
I have the same board. Under linux, occasionally the sound device is not found. I restart and it works. I am having many other problems trying to get a PCIx graphics card working, so I am ready to give up and chuck this pos.

If I plug into the front of the box where there is an output jack for audio, it works fine (the cable for that is routed to the F_Audio on the MB). But the jack on the back of the box, which is the integrated audio jack, doesn't work.

Your plug may support AC'97 and your motherboard HD Audio or vice versa.

Get a sound card.

The ASUS Xonar is better for a home theater system then for gaming.

Creative cards are usually better for gaming; the difference between them is usually cache size, and slightly better playback or extra audio options.

Big George

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Go into Realtek HD Audio Manager and select AUDIO I/O. Select Analog connector settings. Click "Disable front panel connector detection." And like magic both front and back sound panels work for most ECS mottherboards.