I'm have to buy new RAM on monday and can't make up my mind.
Which memory would be the best?:
- OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2-6400) Dual Channel Kit with 5-4-4-15 timings
- mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2-6400) Dual Channel Kit with 4-4-4-12 timings
This is what I've got:
- Asus Striker Extreme Mobo
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
- Zalman CNPS9700LED CPU Cooler
- 2 x GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB
- 2 x Seagate 320GB HHD
- 2 x LG DVD Multi Writers
- Cooler Master Extreme Power 650W PSU
- Raidmax Smilidon Extreme Black Edition Case
I would also like to know if my PSU can handle the 2 GPU's and if it can, can it handle it if I OC my CPU and GPU's?
eVGA recommends 26A at least on the 12V rails for a system with a single 8800GTS. For SLI, allowing, say, 180W for the second card, I'd say 26A+180/12=41A. That CoolerMaster PSU has two rails of 18A each and refuses to disclose how much combined. I'm going to assume it's way below 36A, otherwise they would have been happy to say how much it is. So yeah, I think your PSU is already way below recommendations, even without any overclocking. Consider buying a Corsair 650TX (52A) for example.