Sign in with
Your question

Microsoft Shared Fax Driver

Last response: in Windows XP
January 17, 2011 7:53:44 AM

Hi,

I have a problem to find out the Microsoft shared fax driver for windows xp machine. So if someone knows please help me to download & fixed the problem.
a b \ Driver
January 17, 2011 1:29:37 PM

What is a "shared" fax driver? For what modem? What are you tryintg to fix or enable?
January 18, 2011 2:08:57 AM

I have configured a shared fax server in wondows 2003 server platform. After that i installed it to the win xp, vista & win 7 machines very comfortablly.Also when i was installing to the xp machine it required the microsoft shared fax driver & that time i given the i386 folder path & it's installed perfectly. Therefore i can sending a fax through via network.

Since last month i am having a problem with new xp machines when i was installed fax printer i can't sending faxes & it says " microsoft shared fax driver " is not installed.Thereafter i was tried to search in web & really struggle with proper driver.

That is a senario & i configured pci softv92 modem. So please assist me to find the microsoft shared fax driver for windows xp machines.

Reards,
Roshan.
a b \ Driver
January 19, 2011 12:34:51 PM

Steps bellow will get the fax client working, you will need either a CD or the i386 folder for the file locations though. I don't see any extracted drivers for this from MS.

To install Fax Client on the Windows XP Professional-based client:
Log on to the client as an administrator.
Double-click Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.
Click to select Fax Services, and then click Next.
If you are prompted, insert the Windows XP Professional CD-ROM.
When the installation is finished, click Finish.

!