old300

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Intel DG33TL motherboard - Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0ghz/1333 FSB/6MB cache processor - 2 x 2gb Kingston DDR2 800 memory - what is the best power supply unit for this board and cpu? I have an ATX min-tower right now using Okia 600W switching power, but after putting everything together and turning on the power: no video. the fans turn on for 3 seconds, a slight beep (which I thought meant no memory installed no I checked and re-checked, and even email Kingston who confirmed I have the correct memory for this mobo), then the fans come on again - mobo LEDs are on too - so I am thinking I don't have the right power supply for this board -

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
that should be more than enough power for the board, unless ur using 1 or 2 power guzzling GPU's.
The only thing that comes to mind is a faulty PSU or mobo. If it beeps and flashes lights than it might not be the mobo though.
check the main power connection on the board, make sure theres full pin contact, blow dust off the pins etc.
had the same thing happen to me last year, turned out i'd fried the PSU. but then again it was only rated a 350 watts.
if you have a spare PSU lying around try connecting that up and see if the same thing happens

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

The power coming on for three seconds when you turn on the power supply is normal. Power coming on and staying on with no video output is often caused by not connecting the ATX12V cable.

The minimum amount of components that you need to complete the POwer Up Self Test (POST) - unsuccessfully - is a PSU, CPU and HSF, and motherboard. If those are working, you should hear a series of long beeps indicating a memory failure when you turn on the system. When you add the memory, the POST code should change to a series of one long beep and two or three short beeps. After adding a good video card, the POST code should change to a single short beep, indicating that the POST completed successfully. The display should indicate a missing keyboard.