Graphics artifacts - how to disable write combne?

Because nvidia have disabled the troubleshoot tab when I go into the display dialog!!!!!!!

Help me! I'm pretty sure that if I can get to it, this will solve all the graphics artfacts I've been having since I installed my 7600GS AGP card.

When I go intt the display dialog, the troubleshoot tab is blanked out and "has been disabled by your graphics driver"

Does anyone know how I can get round this?

Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about graphics artifacts disable write combne
  1. Usually artifacts are due to the video card overheating or succumbing to its death. It could have been defective from the beginning.

I have never heard of artifacts (dot-like, discoloring) being due to the driver. Do you have the latest driver from the Nvidia site?
  2. When I say artifacts, I mean things like, missing polygons. eg in half life 2, there are times when you can see straight through a small section of one of the characters faces.

The graphics card is good and this problem has happened to quite a few people. I have the nvidia tool and I know the card isnt overheating.

All I need to be able to do is to get into the troubleshoot tab in the advanced settings of the standard windows display dialog.

ie right click on desktop>personalise>display>advanced>troubleshoot
  3. All drivers and software are bang up to date btw...
  4. No clues on the write combine thing then, anyone?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dialog Graphics Displays